This tasty appetizer will be a crowd-pleasing dish at your dining party.
12 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half, separate the yolks into a food processor with
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ tablespoon drained capers
- zest of a lemon
- a pinch of garlic salt & black pepper.
Mix all ingredients well; fill the yolk mixture back to the egg white halves.
Flour mixture: mix well all these dry ingredients together in a bowl
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of finely ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt & grounded black pepper.
Soak the oysters in a bowl of buttermilk; then coat each of them with the flour mixture, deep fry at 375°F till golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Place fried oysters on top of each devil eggs, garnish with chopped leeks (optional).