This appetizer requires no cooking time. But it yields with such a delicate taste in your mouth, the sweetness of the ripen figs, mixed with the creamy texture of goat cheese. If goat cheese isn't your favorite, you can replace it with any other creamy cheese.
Illustrated photo by Robyn Randolph
- slices of fresh bread
- 6 fresh ripen figs, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 6 oz soft mild goat cheese, soften at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons black pepper, crushed
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Spread butter on the slice of bread, layer with a mixture of goat cheese, fresh thyme & peppers, put slices of ripen figs on top.